domingo, 12 de abril de 2015

UNIT 2 SECOND COMPETENCE


CONSOLIDATION ACTIVITY: PROCESS TO GET A VISA


      4.    Read carefully the next samples about “Common Mistakes” and tell what will you do if you are in any of these situations?

Common Mistakes 

There are different situations where you can be involved when it is the first time you travel abroad; they can make you feel unlucky, miserable or simply silly. 


a)   You are so glad because it is so sure that you travel abroad. Then, you start telling your best friends what you could and will do in foreign lands. Your friends love you so much for that reason they plan a farewell party which is the day before the departure date.
 In this party, you drink everything your friends give you because you know that there is going to be much time to meet each other again. The celebration is awesome, however, the next day you wake up so late, just a half hour before the plane takes off. Lastly, you make an effort to get on the plane on time but you miss the flight.

b)   I scheduled to work in a summer camp with an American scout company last year, I did not have enough time to get updated about the proper information that I should know about my trip.
When, I arrived to Chicago I was a little bit lost because I thought somebody was going to pick me up at the airport, nevertheless nobody did. I had to take a subway, then go through different stations, get off in the Clinton Stop, later call the camp director to ask him where the camp was, I got in a phone cab and talked him, he told me some important instructions to follow and I went out. I was too worried thinking about everything I had to do. So I forgot my luggage at that place. After an hour, I realized that I did not have my stuff with me. Then, I felt scared cause I thought someone stole it, I screamed like a mad person, people looked at me strangely. Finally, I tried to calm down and I could remember where I had left it and I run away to find it.

5.    Answer the next questions according to the reading

·         What had it happened in the first situation before you miss your flight?
a)    You had driven a car
b)    You had drunk some drink
c)    You had had a party with your family
d)    You had traveled abroad

·         What had it happened before she lost her luggage?
a)    She had arrived to the airport.
b)    She had not known enough information about the city
c)    She had lost in the city
d)    She had called the camp director

·         What will you do if you are abroad and someone steals your luggage?
a)    You will get lost and cry all day.
b)    You will call the police and come back to your country
c)    You will
d)    Other. What? __________________________________________.

6.    Let´s pretend you are involved in the following situations and complete the next sentences using conditional zero or first.

a)    If you live in another country, would not be Colombian
b)    If you do not do my duties, not what makes with my rights
c)    If you work in an Airport, I will earn lots of money
d)    If your boss does not let you go to a key interview, I will lose an opportunity job
e)    If your workmate does not put up with you, have a debt
f)     You will study electromechanical engineering in Germany, when finishing at SENA
g)    You will earn lot of money if, study and worked more
h)   You will look forward to travel to London if you have money
i)     You work so hard if not have studied
j)      You turn on my computer if I not it have occupied














No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario